For those who have decided to sign up – welcome to Team Gold Coast! The steps required to join our club are outlined below.
Firstly, some membership details:
Membership costs and benefits
Its an annual membership. The membership fee is currently
- $225 for senior paddlers
- $125 for juniors
- $450 for families consisting of two adults and up to four juniors
- $75 for each minnow turning 8 or 9 during this financial year
FIFO Membership (conditions apply)
- $125 for senior paddlers
- $75 for juniors
- $75 for non-paddling GCOCC supporters (no need for AOCRA membership)
AOCRA membership is also required. For this financial year those costs are:
- Seniors $70
- Juniors $45
You can view more details of our membership categories here.
Memberships are renewable on the anniversary of joining.
Your membership will help to cover:
- Canoe Insurance for club canoes
- Trailer registration, insurance and maintenance
- The Coomera Lake club shed – Club HQ
- Maintenance of club canoes and equipment
- Club membership of AOCRA and Paddle Queensland
Your annual membership does not cover some possible costs for you including:
- Race / Regatta Fees and Accommodation
- Towing Fees (for regattas)
- Club uniforms
- Your share of canoe hire where applicable e.g. at regattas when borrowing other clubs canoes
- Club refreshments made available at the shed
If you are transferring from another club, please contact the club secretary prior to completing the membership form – Contact Us
The following steps are required for each new member.
- Please click on the link below to read and understand our club Code of Conduct. Printed copies are also available from the club secretary.
You will be asked to verify you have read and understood this code.
2. Fill in and submit a New Membership application for each person joining.
Applications will be automatically emailed to the club secretary on submission.
3. Make your club membership payment
Each application will be forwarded to the club committee. You will receive an email from the club treasurer with your invoice – you can pay now or on receipt of that invoice. Club membership fees are payable into the club bank account and can be made online – you must pay in full at the time of joining and you will then have full access to all the benefits of club membership.
Bank: Bendigo Bank
Details: YOUR NAME
4. Join AOCRA
AOCRA membership is not required for non-paddling members.
Due to our affiliation, all paddling members are required to join AOCRA – the national outrigger canoe association – after confirmation of your membership. Fees must be paid direct to AOCRA.
Note: take care on the password you create on the AOCRA website as it is not encrypted – do not use one that you use anywhere else.
5. Once we have received your club membership payment and confirmation of your AOCRA membership – which will be sent to us by AOCRA – we will be able to approve your membership and the Registrar will confirm your full financial membership by email.
6. Join us on Facebook
Once you are a member join our Members Only Facebook pages for current training times and locations and other club news. This is an important step to enable your participation in club activities.
For senior paddlers join us here – GCOCC Senior Members Only Page (private group).
For juniors join us here – GCOCC Juniors Facebook page (private group).
7. Once you have joined we will provide an induction program to introduce you to the basics of outrigger canoeing:
- stroke technique
- the six man canoe layout and role of each paddler
- use and care of equipment.
We encourage all new members – including experienced paddlers – to work through the induction program so that club members have a common understanding of the basics of the sport and a common terminology.
8. Please read the club constitution and become familiar with its contents.